The annual Vermont Green-Up Day this year falls on Saturday, May 6, 2017. As a community, this is our opportunity to get out and do some work with our hands! Please consider coming out on Saturday morning to help with the following tasks:
- Picking up sticks and litter in the courtyard and around the perimeter of the church.
- Sweeping away winter sand at the ramp and rear door to the church.
- Washing the glass windows and doors – perhaps taking a razor to remove old tape adhered to the glass?
- Cleaning the rear entry to the church (by kitchen and bathrooms) from winter sand and salt.
- Putting the salt buckets and snow shovels into storage.
- Pulling weeds, preparing the perennial flower beds, taking away the old Christmas tree (that is currently resting in the Memorial Garden!)
- Perhaps someone may consider donating new planters for outside the courtyard doors? (The old ones were badly damaged by falling ice this past winter!)
- Raking the Memorial Garden as needed.
- Tidying up the Parish Hall & Kitchen.
- Tidying up the pews and kneelers in the church.
- Any other projects you would like to take on!
This is a self-organizing group effort. Please bring your own rakes, gloves, etc. as the church doesn’t have many extra tools. I plan to be at the church around 9:00AM and I hope you will be too. Many hands will help to complete these tasks quickly, so we can all enjoy the rest of the day. Thanks!
Priest in Partnership